Frequently Asked Questions
Conditions for registering an Estonian company through the 1Office Company Formation Portal:
- Only private persons who have an Estonian personal ID code can register an Estonian company online through the 1Office Company Formation Portal. If you as a legal entity would like to register an Estonian company, please get in touch with us. We will help you with the registration process.
- The company can be registered by one founder. If you have more than one founder, please get in touch with us. We will help you with the registration process.
- The share capital of the company must be at least 2500 euro. The maximum share capital permitted is 25 000 euro. You can register the company through the 1Office Company Formation Portal without having to deposit the share capital. You can do this later at the bank.
- Every Estonian company must have an Estonian address. If you do not have one, you cannot register the company. 1Office provides a business address service (Narva mnt 5, Tallinn 10117, Estonia). You can order the address service during the registration process. The service fee is 200 euro (excluding VAT) for one calendar year. It will be added to your total company registration fee.
- To register an Estonian company, both the founder and the board member(s) must have an Estonian personal ID code. If the founder and the board member are different persons, both must digitally sign the company registration application. You will be able to download the application after filling out the registration form. Once you have signed the downloaded document, you must upload it to the portal for submission.
- The management board of an Estonian company can be located outside of Estonia. In this case it is regulated by the law to provide the address of the board and appoint an authorized contact person. The contact persons’ service will be added automatically in the portal if the location of the board is located outside of Estonia. The price for an authorized contact person with a legal address for 1 year is 290€.
- The company's financial year is always the calendar year, starting on the 1st of January and ending on the 31st of December.
- You can terminate the company registration up until the payment of the state fee. Once the state fee is paid, the application will be processed by the Business Register. Cancellation will therefore no longer be possible.